Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Lawn Fawn ~ Spooky Halloween Card

Happy Tuesday my lovelies :) Hoping you are having a great day! I have a fun Halloween card to share with you today featuring some Lawn Fawn Images from a couple of their stamp sets. I love how you can mix them up and create fun and unique scenes. For this card I used images from Sweater Weather as well as Monster Mash. I also used the co-coordinating die sets for each stamp set. Love, love the ease of dies instead of fussy cutting :)

I think these images can be used for a variety of different cards, but together, they suit my Halloween scene just perfectly.

DSC_7953 copy

I created the background my blending various distress ink colors onto some watercolor paper. Then, I spritzed the paper with water to create this misty, rainy effect. I had already embossed the moon (I used a circle from an old PTI set) using white embossing powder. I just wiped the distress ink off using a baby wipe. As you can see, it stayed white.

I used some Landscaping dies to create the grass by cutting them out of the same watercolor paper and then just sponging over them with more Distress ink colors. I didn’t spritz these with water.  The top piece was adhered using some foam adhesive which adds a great feeling of dimension to the card.

I stamped the tree from Sweater Weather over on the left-hand side and then, without re-inking, I stamped it two more times. I believe this is called “ghost stamping” and I love the effect it gave my card. Then, I used the co-coordinating die for the tree from Sweater Weather and die cut some dark brown cardstock. I adhered this to the right-hand side.

I stamped, copic colored and die-cut several of the images from the Monster Mash set. Two make them pop a little more, I added some darker dots and some white dots (sharpie poster paint) to the images. The were all adhered using more foam adhesive (highly addictive). This picture below gives you a better idea of the layers that the foam gives the card :)

DSC_7957 copy

If you are a regular on this blog, you probably have noticed my new found obsession with Lawn Fawn products :) When I saw that they were having a DT call for their Facebook Inspiration Team, I just had to enter :)  I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

mgoll88 said...

really cool creation!

LG
Michaela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails