Thursday, May 19, 2016

Whimsy May Card Kit–Bridal Card + Video

Happy Thursday! I actually had to stop and think which day it was. I have a lot going on and I tend to lose track of where I am in the week! My youngest came home from his school trip….that was the last of them :) School is actually drawing to a close which mean…….I better get cracking on some gifts for their teachers!

Today I have a new card and video featuring Whimsy Stamps May Card Kit and one of their brand new rubber stamp images. This stamp is not the one included in the kit but it works beautifully  with all the gorgeous wedding-themed products in the kit. If you want to see my post about the May kit, you can find it HERE.

This new image is so pretty and feminine. I had a clear idea of the card I wanted to create…..but it just evolved into something completely different from my original idea! A lot of that had to do with the vellum and the fact that I ended up paper-piecing it over top the image. I embossed it with white powder and it gave if such a soft, dreamy look.

DSC_1006 copy

Things that stayed on track with my original idea are the beautiful background paper and the shimmer silver paper cut to create a frame.

DSC_1013 copy

I die-cut the circle heart die which was in the May Kit for my sentiment and then ended up cutting it in half so that it didn’t over-power the card. The rhinestones are also from the kit.

DSC_1009 copy

Once I had decided on paper-piecing the bride, I realized that I need to do something about her bouquet. I knew I couldn’t cut it out as it was way too detailed. I settled on adding some Flower Soft to create even more texture on my card. Flower Soft was hot a few years ago and I think it is a fun touch on a card.

DSC_1011 copy

In this shot you can see the detail added to the veil and skirt with the white prismacolor pencil and the Wink of Stella glitter pen.

Video Tutorial:
Please click HERE if you wish to view in HD

Supplies

Whimsy May Card Kit:

*NEW May
NEW May "Wedding" Card Kit - Crissy Armstrong

******

*NEW May
NEW May "Wedding" Card Kit - Art by Mi Ran

Thanks for swinging by! You can find all the new Whimsy May Release  Products by clicking the logo below:

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

patty said...

the bride is adorable, the dress ist perfect, good wishes, patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails